Efficiency, expertise, team spirit

Over 40 years of pioneering work in tool logistics

From a small Swabian workshop to an international technology leader

Our company has been in the business of tool construction for more than 70 years, including four decades in the development, production and installation of workpiece and tool change systems. Our solutions accompany the development of computer-controlled machines and machining centres from the outset. We have created a brief chronical of some of our company's milestones.

1942

Founding of the Kelch tool construction company in Leonberg near Stuttgart

1949

Relocation to Schorndorf and start of clamping tool production

1960

Special-purpose machine tools and assemblies for machine tools are also produced for the first time

1973

Start of tool changer production

1995

Takeover of the production of setting devices (formerly Messma Kelch)

2001

Development of L-magazines for Cross Hüller

2002

Certified to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 and VDA 6.4

2003

Development of pick-up disc magazines for horizontal centres.
Presentation of the newly-developed high-speed automotive change system

2005

Takeover of Kelch-Handhabungstechnik GmbH by ktc Handhabungstechnik GmbH

2008

New development of pallet and rack systems

2009

Further development of the tool changer for boring machines

2010

Presentation of a quick-change head and a 3D chain magazine

2013

Presentation of the first servo quick-change gear unit Construction of a three-dimensional moving chain

2014

Development of a meandering chain storage system with the smallest space requirement (patented)

2016

Further development of our chain magazine with active chain links